Azienda Agricola Zucchi

LAMBRUSCO DI SORBARA

it is the oldest, the most noble of the family and certainly the most celebrated by any writer or poet who has had the city of Ghirlandina as a muse. According to the production disciplinary, Lambrusco di Sorbara can be produced with a minimum 60% of grapes coming from the homonymous vine and a maximum 40% of Lambrusco Salamino. Other types of Lambrusco can be used up to a maximum of 15% while the yield cannot exceed 180 quintals per hectare.

Being a male-sterile variety, it cannot attach if a pollinator such as Lambrusco Salamino is not present. The most distinctive organoleptic characteristics are the color, from rosé to light ruby ​​red, a lively mousse, with intense and fine finesse olfactory notes, among which the violet, currant can be recognized, while on the palate the flavor is delicate and not body very pronounced.

LAMBRUSCO SALAMINO DI SANTA CROCE

the Salamino grape is the most cultivated in the Modena area. While on the one hand it is considered the ideal partner of the Sorbara given the scarce aptitude for fertilization of the Sorbara, on the other we must not forget how it possesses an excellent vigor and provides a copious and constant production at each harvest. According to the regulations, Lambrusco Salamino can be produced with a minimum of 85% of the grapes of the homonymous vine, while for the remaining 15% we can use other types of Lambrusco: Ancellotta or Fortana. It has an intense ruby ​​red color, purple with a fairly persistent effervescence that accompanies vinous and fruity olfactory notes. In the mouth it is fresh, sapid, harmonious and moderately tannic.

LAMBRUSCO GASPAROSSA

Undoubtedly elegant and harmonious, although it presents a more sustained body than the other types of Lambrusco, it is pinkish or intense ruby ​​red with violet hues and medium persistence foam, while the nose shows vinous and fresh fruit notes. The DOP establishes that it is produced with a percentage of Lambrusco Grasparossa at least for eighty-five percent, and for the rest with other types of Lambrusco or Malbo Gentile. The maximum allowed yield is 180 quintals of grapes per hectare.

LAMBRUSCO DI MODENA

Although the name was already in use since the mid-nineteenth century, and indicated the wine produced with different types of Lambrusco grown in the province of Modena, the DOP mark is recent. According to the production disciplinary, the use of Lambrusco Grasparossa, Salamino, Sorbara, Marani, Maestri, Montericco, Oliva grapes is allowed on their own or together for a minimum of eighty-five percent. The remainder can be produced with the Ancellotta, Malbo Gentile and Fornata varieties.